Saturday, July 10, 2010

Day 5/6 Report


Fairdinkim!

So after about 3 hours on the side of the road Thursday night, we were finally rescued by a very nice trucker and a gentleman from the RACQ (AUS Roadside service). It definitely made it easier to get back on the road when we realized that the reason we couldn't get the tire off was because we were turning the screws the wrong way! So at about 12 midnight we finally got back on the road and called a friend of RARA in Townsville who happily took us into his home (by "us", we're referring to the plug of our RV) and was nice enough to let us stay there forShabbosas well.

Shabbos in Townsville was unlike any other Shabbos I've ever experienced in my life. We went through the local supermarkets buying EVERYTHING that was kosher (would you believe they have kosher Chumus up here?). It ended up being a very relaxing Shabbos!

So after realizing that the mechanics in Townsville aren't open on Sunday we decided to stay here for Sunday as well and we visited a few Jews in this glamorous town.





2 comments:

  1. What do you get when you put 2 young Rabbi's in a Mitzvah Tank and send them off into the unknown? MECHANICAL TROUBLE!. I'm George! ( in the pic sitting with the boys around a table drinking) I'm the guy who fixes the Tank every time it arrives in RARA HQ of the North ( Townsville ). Boys I HOPE you haven't broken anything more on the tank! In the few days I had the RV for repairs we fixed the hot water system, re-wired the fridge, got the gas cooker working, fixed the internal lights, re-fused all cables, fixed locks that didn't lock, cleaned Air con unit,drove al over Townsville to get a replacement tire, engineered a new recovery tool that was "taken" and finally put OIL INTO THE ENGINE.....oh and boys! that's a biggy, have you checked oil like I told you? NO I'm sure you haven't!. All this while the boys stay tucked in, warm in their beds sleeping in till 9AM! yes 9AM, that's their Idea of an early start!....you pair of....so and so's..... I love having you guys in QLD! Its worth every annoying minute! look after the RV, she's your home and our pride. George.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i still recall that trip as one of the finest ever to have happened. I miss you guys..... I wonder who the next two young victims RARA sends up to me will be? George..

    ReplyDelete